Cisco ATA 186 Setup Guide
Plug in the Cisco ATA device into your LAN as per the package instructions. Plug in an analogue phone of your choice into the Cisco ATA. To access the voice menu unhook your phone and press the button on the Cisco ATA.
1. You first need to ensure that your Cisco is configured for SIP. To ensure that this is done:
Access the voice menu
Dial 100 # on your phone dial pad
Dial 213*137*73*159*8000# on your phone dial pad. The Cisco ATA button will flash for a while while it downloads the appropriate software and update itself. The Cisco ATA will announce when it has completed the update.
NOTE: Make sure you do not disconnect your Cisco ATA at any time during this procedure
2. Access the voice menu again and press 21 # . The Cisco ATA will read out an IP Address. Enter this address into a web browser like so http://IP ADDRESS/dev where IP ADDRESS is the IP Address read out by the Cisco ATA. You should see the configuration page in front of you.
3. Define your IP settings as shown on the image below.
The image below displays typical settings for a NAT-based network where Static Route is the IP Address of your router and Static IP is the internal IP Address of your Cisco ATA.
The StaticNetMask value is typically 255.255.255.0 depending on your network and router provider.
4. Set your Voipfone Account settings as shown on the image below.
Set UID0 equal to your Voipfone telephone number and PWD0 equal to your voipfone password.
5. Set your Voipfone Registration settings exactly as displayed on the image below.
6. If you are behind NAT (ie your Internet address is dynamically assigned by your ISP and you share your router with multiple devices) ensure you set port forwarding on your router of TCP and UDP traffic on ports 5060 and 16384 to route to the Cisco ATA'sinternal IP Address.
7. Make sure your Codec and DNS settings are defined as displayed in the image to the right. In this example, the DNS1IP setting has been set to the IP Address of the gateway router (for devices behind NAT).
You can set the value of DNS2IP to any other optional value.
8. Press the APPLY button and refresh the page to validate that your changes have been saved.