Voipfone Browser Calls
The Voipfone Browser Calls extension recognises telephone numbers shown on a web page, and converts them to clickable links.
Simply click the link and the telephone registered to your Voipfone account will ring. When you answer, you will be connected to the number displayed on the webpage.
It's quick, easy, and no misdialled numbers!
You do not even need to have a VoIP telephone to use this service. Simply divert your Voipfone extension to your mobile or landline - very handy when on the move. And because you are receiving a call back rather than dialling it yourself, you will benefit from Voipfone's call rates, and may save money on roaming charges as well.
How To Use The Browser Calls Chrome Extension
Our web browser extension allows you to automatically dial any telephone number shown on a website just by clicking on it - no matter what telephone you are using.
How do I use it?
1. Just click on an underlined phone number on a web page, confirm you wish to make the call, and a couple of seconds later your own phone will ring
2. Answer the call normally
3. There will be a second or so pause as we connect you. You will then hear ringing tone as if you’d just dialled the number yourself.
4. The call carries on as normal.
What does it work with?
It works for Windows PCs, Linux and Mac. As well as the Google Chrome extension, we also have plugins for IE, Firefox and Safari.
How to Install
Before you start, you need to have handy the email address that you registered with Voipfone from, your 8 digit account number starting with a ‘3’ and your 6 digit password.
Note: Virtual PBX users will need to enter both the account number and extension number in the format 3XXXXXXX*2XX, and use the password for the extension itself. This will ensure that the correct phone rings when you click to make a call. Extension passwords can be found under the Services tab of the Voipfone Control Panel, in the Virtual PBX, PBX Extension Numbers section.
1. Download the software from the Google Chrome Web Store.
2. Click on Add to confirm and install the extension.
3. Click the menu icon at the top left of the browser window, select 'More Tools' and then 'Extensions'.
4. Find Voipfone Browser Calls in the list of installed extensions, and click 'Options'.
5. Enter your email address, account number and password into the text boxes and click save.
If you're still stuck and unsure how to use the Voipfone Browser Calls extension for Google Chrome, please call Customer Services on 020 7043 5555 and one of our representatives will be happy to show you how to set it up.
Speak to a Customer Services Representative
Voipfone can seem very confusing at first, but don’t worry, this is quite normal and we are here to help! One of the great strengths of VoIP is that it can do so much more than an ordinary telephone network whilst costing an awful lot less. In practise Voipfone’s services can be as simple as making a telephone call or as complicated as using a large business switchboard in several countries but anything new takes a bit of getting used to so if you have any questions please feel free to give us a call on 020 7043 5555